Healthcare Leadership Development
In 2017, the Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute will be held May 23-26. For more information please call us at 416 426-7229 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open and Download the Brochure!
Exerpts from Longwoods Nursing Leadership, 29(2) June 2016 Special Focus on the The Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
- My Leadership Story: Reflections of a Health Leaders’ Institute Alumni, Tracey DasGupta, Director of Interprofessional Practice at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Sustaining a Focus on Transformative Change, Kathleen MacMillan, PhD, RN, Professor and Director, School of Nursing at Dalhousie University
- A Powerful New Partnership to Build Leadership Capacity in Healthcare in Canada, Carolyn Pullen BScN PhD, Director-Policy, Advocacy and Strategy at Canadian Nurses Association
- Impact of a Leadership Development Institute on Professional Lives and Careers, Special Focus on the Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute, Nancy Purdy, RN, PhD, Associate Professor and Associate Director, Collaborative Nursing Degree Program, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing at Ryerson University
- Dorothy Wylie Health Leadership Institute: “If You Build It, They Will Come”, Beverley Simpson, RN, MScN, CMC, Co-Founder and Designer, The Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
Mark your calendars. Our 2017 Institute will be held May 23-26, 2017
The Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute consists of a 4-day residential, inter-professional leadership Institute with a structured virtual follow up that spans several months and includes individual access to Harvard Manage Mentor and a capstone project.
The Institute features a variety of highly respected speakers and facilitators directed to Canadian health care leaders, held at the Bank of Montreal’s Institute for Learning in Toronto, for a concentrated program of study of leadership principles, models, behaviours, skills, and tools.
Fall 2016 Participants Information Access Centre
Requirements for Certificate:
1. 4 Modules in Harvard Manage Mentor (1 in each framework domain)
2. Participate in Projects Webinar
3. Continue to work your Personal Leadership Development Plan
4. Set up a meeting with your Executive Sponsor to discuss your project and your Personal Leadership Development plan.
Please check back here for Monthly Updates. In January we will send the Template and April Webinar dates for project presentations.
New Partnership with the Canadian Nurses Association
The Dorothy Wylie Health Leadership Institute (DWHLI) is introducing a new and significant partnership with the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
The institute is a unique Canadian leadership program that brings together health-care leaders from all disciplines across the country for a concentrated study of leadership principles, models, skills and tools. Established more than 15 years ago, the program offers a refined, highly-specialized and interactive leadership learning experience. A recent survey found that more than 75 per cent of institute alumni said their experience had a positive or profound impact on their personal life and career, and it was described as a “catalyst for change.”
DWHLI has chosen to work with CNA, the national professional association of registered nurses, because its program will be an excellent companion to CNA’s existing suite of professional development offerings, including continuing competencies, advanced practice support and specialty certification. In its 111-year history, CNA has demonstrated a sincere commitment to health-care leadership, and now it will connect more professionals from across Canada to the institute’s innovative work. By working together, the two organizations will extend the reach of the institute’s program, explore new blended learning approaches and integrate advanced technology to enhance participation.
Work is already underway to deliver the 2016 program jointly, with the first offering in October (details to follow). Both organizations look forward to this dynamic collaboration for the advancement of health leadership.
For more information, please visit: cna-aiic.ca